Who we are ?
Harvesting and selecting honeys since 1921
Located in the Loire Valey since 1921, in a 17th century water mill at Beau Rivage, Famille Mary, owner of 1000 hives, harvests and selects exceptional honeys from our French and only European beekeeper partners (when some harvests are not in sufficient quantity or nonexistent in France), extracted cold, and certified pure and natural by analysis in laboratory.
Thanks to a know-how from 3 generations of beekeepers, Famille Mary creates unique recipees based on 4 treasures from the hive : honey, royal jelly, propolis and pollen.
Our house draws its creations at the heart of nature, in a privileged environment, with plant extracts, for real moments of well-being.
Expert in royal jelly, with a guarantee activity…
About 60 years of experience in Royal Jelly production, partner of a study on the benefits with the French National Center for Scientific Research of Orleans in 1990, and a clinical study with the University Hospital of Nantes in 2005, Famille Mary creates antioxidant activity analysis on all its organic and pure royal jelly with the European Antioxidant Institute of Nancy since 2015.
Since 2005, Famille Mary selects the best organic Royal Jelly, which are Ecocert certified, from preserved territories, and guaranteed in Vitamins and trace elements with a complete antioxidant power by analysis made by Eurofin French laboratory, in order to offer the best activity for the satisfaction and the loyalty of its customers.
My grand-father Jean Mary, a beekeeper, has left his mark on our family history. In 1921, while he had just taken beekeeping classes in Switzerland, he settled in the mill of Beau Rivage, in Anjou, his native region in the Loire Valley. In the 16th century mill that he had just acquired to acommodate his family, he set up 2 hives, and started to be interested in apiculture. Creative and truly passionated, he left agriculture and dedicated his life to bee-keeping…
Famille mary CEO – 3rd generation
Creator of natural recipees & honey pleasure
With more than 40 gourmet and creative varieties: acacia, orange blossom, heather, almond tree honeys and rare nectars as French Jura fir tree or clementine honeys, Famille Mary offers a wide selection of the best honeys from beekeeping floral heritage, not forgetting exclusive creations of premium Honeys.
Famille Mary, which is an honey expert, selects the best harvests from French and only European beekeeper partners (when some harvests are not in sufficient quantity or nonexistent in France), which are strictly controlled and guaranteed pure and natural by analysis in laboratory.
Find out active ingredients from the hive !
Close to our customers on the french territory
In order to provide the best quality and proximity, Famille Mary offers its products in direct relationship with its customers, without intermediary. Since 1997, Benoit Mary, 3rd generation member, and CEO of this French house, has developed Famille Mary shops on the French territory. Beau Rivage is the initiation and honey knowledge place that Benoît Mary and his team hand down, with their expertise and experience in the 27 shops of the brand.
Famille Mary en quelques chiffres
- 28 magasins
- 200 000 clients fidèles
- 95 collaborateurs sur toute la France
- 1 200 ruches en production
- 150 produits des abeilles
- 180 000 commandes expédiées
- 70 apiculteurs partenaires en Europe et en France
Know everything on Famille Mary :
Visit our house
Nearly 100 years of passion for honey
- 2017 : Famille Mary offered nearly 150 beneficial and gourmet treasures from the hive, in 27 shops, and regional markets.
- 2016 : Famille Mary became in 95 years, the brand synonymous with quality and variety of honey, with the trust of 250 000 customers.
- 2014 : Famille Mary became partner with the French beekeeping sector, with « Merci pour les abeilles » by donating 1% of its honey sales to the French National Union of Beekeeping.
- 2011 : Opening of Abellie Spa « L’Alvéole du bien-être » at the mill of Beau Rivage – Creation of Abellie : organic honey cosmetics
- 2008 : Opening of « Maison de l’apiculteur » at Beau Rivage : a unique interactive area to know more about bees and the environment (22 000 visitors on the site)
- 2005 : 1st clinical study on Royal Jelly in France, with the University Hospital of Nantes. Launch of the Organic Royal Jelly, certified by Ecocert, B vitamins and trace elements guaranteed.
- 2003 : Creation of a laboratory of honey quality control, with systematic analysis of all honeys, to guarantee a pure and natural nectar.
- 2000 : Benoit Mary became CEO (3rd generation) and launched the online sales platform : www.famillemary.fr
- 1997 : Opening of the 1st Famille Mary shop in Nantes.
- 1990 : Famille Mary conducted a study on the Royal Jelly benefits with the French National Center for Scientific Research of Orleans.
- 1980 : André Mary and his brothers and sisters (2nd generation) started to do catalogue selling.
- 1952 : Jean Mary’s sons (André, Pierre and their sisters) launched Royal Jelly production, and developed honey production
- 1937 : Jean Mary set his hive up on the Atlantic coast, and sold his products on markets of La Baule and his region.
- 1921 : Jean Mary made his 1st hive, and harvested his first kilos of honey at the mill of Beau Rivage.